22 October 2010

Why I won't buy a Nokia either

Lost my phone and so I went off to buy a new Nokia. I wanted something simple...and as a loyal user for the past 16 years I couldn't see a reason to switch to iPhone or the other stuff out there. It did what I needed sms, calls, photos, alarm, calender, reminder...but alas! I went to the store and felt stranded, like Robinson Crusoe but with no man Friday-cellphone in the store - there was nothing for me. Actually I didn't just feel stranded, I felt cheated, I felt discarded and unloved - and the young man serving me smiled and said why don't you get the LG...ugly interface I grumbled...how about this Sony...bulky I grumbled...how about the IDEOS it runs on Android...I was dejected. 16 years of faithfulness and my companion, my best friend had just walked away from me - without a blink in it's Nordic eye. I fumed, tossed my head and said fine give me the android IDEOS. No and no iPhone, you're right - everybody has an iPhone. I mean really has the world gone mad? Bad enough to be ditched like this, now I should become another face in the sea of iPhone-ers? No SIR! I wanted to have a new relationship this time, one that I went in accepting wouldn't last long but would serve me well for it's duration of possibly one year. And I wanted to be different. I bought a Huawei phone, with an Android system, and even though it looks like a flattened tampon I'm beginning to like my new lover...:-)

3 comments:

  1. 16 years... now that's what I call brand loyality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think I can sue them for emotional trauma in the courts, or do you think I should sign a pre-nup with Huawei?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought a product of a brand called Huawei.
    Talking about any agreements its stands for:

    ' Who ? Ahhh... Why ? '

    ReplyDelete