21 October 2010

why I won't buy an iPhone

Well, now we heard it :  Apple is or is close to become the world's most valuable company with sales and profits going through the roof and SJ looking thinner and meaner than ever. I see pictures of enthusiastic consumers camping outside Apple stores and hordes of followers celebrating the purchase of a electronic devices as if they had just won the lottery. I am not considering myself to be an Apple basher, but doesn't it start to become a bit annoying ? I myself own Apple products (and love them), but I will not buy an iPhone.
Why ? Because this thing is everywhere used by almost everyone around me. It has become part of our existence like wearing clothes and it all comes down to one brand. A true global conquest giving us a device to help us connect with the world because we think we need to know. Will this become our new religion with SJ our messiah preaching the revolution of high tech ? Hey, how about standing out and by that I don't mean slipping a pink cover over your iPhone. I am very tempted to pull out my first Nokia I bought more than 10 years ago and all it does it make or take phone calls. Now that's what I call simple and user friendly. AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment