10 February 2011

the new cool of drilling holes



ever wondered why all modern handheld power drills no longer look like this dull, grey (green or blue) boring machines as they used to ? Because DIY ,my friends, is fun and drilling a few holes to put that damn painting up is a serious exercise for some couch potato. Others may even consider is a sport, which is why some of this tools look like gym equipment. Having designed such products many years ago my boss would have killed me suggesting a white drill driver ('ex boss... ahm, perhaps they don't leak motor oil as much as they used to..?'). But I especially liked the B&D drill. AJ

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a gun to me...worse was seeing a cutesy pink drill for women DIY users...felt like Kill Bill meets Hello Kitty, or Kill-er Kitty!

    ReplyDelete