09 February 2011

LCD addiction

perhaps the old fashioned way to be 'glued' to a computer screen, but a good metaphore of what is happening around us. I have just calculated that, on an average work day, I spend about 8 hours staring
at some LCD or OLED display. From smart phone (4.5"), laptop at work (15.6"), iPad at home (10")
to TV (32"). It's almost as if humans have evolved into a display-centric life form being constantly connected and visually stimulated by digital information displayed on a screen. As we evolve further perhaps our eyes
will grow larger and we will develop 3D vision, thus avoiding wearing this stupid 3D glasses. Our capability of speech and verbal communication will be reduced to something comparable to sms-slang. rdy 4 lnch.c u ltr. dmn cmptr. AJ

2 comments:

  1. Just 8 hours? I think it's actually close to 12...if you include TV, watching movies, using Cell...and about 3 hours in total human to human conversation...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I did a 13 hr LCD immersion today...and only some Mezcal will cure my eyes...

    ReplyDelete